90 Percent of Everything is looking for a Java Developer to join the team in the central London office or Kiev on a full-time basis.
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Our tech stack consists of React and React Native applications communicating using GraphQL to microservice containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication and achieve high scalability thanks to a Kafka based event driven architecture and persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, Oracle, MongoDB, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.
What’s in it for you?
- Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
- Deliver a green field system
- Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
- Opportunity to work with latest cutting-edge technologies
- Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates good working conditions
- Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
- You will be adding to our Java capability. Each squad works with some degree of autonomy and is responsible for the delivery of a specific product area.
- Responsible for the data integration between newly developed microservices and legacy systems using the MuleSoft platform.
- You will be part of a team developing robust microservices to form the heart of a SaaS platform to serve globally distributed users.
- Support cover for legacy Java systems
- Follow Java best practices to deliver and support production ready industry quality code.
- Support the software you write along with the squad delivery team.
- Full hands-on technical experience
- Proficiency in:
- Microservices architecture concepts
- Domain driven design
- Event sourcing
- NoSQL databases
- Container based architecture: Docker
- Code testing, Unit and Integration
- Glassfish web server administration
- Kafka (Producer and Consumer API)
Nice to have
- Experience with MuleSoft: Mulesoft runtime engine, Anypoint Studio IDE.
- AWS stack experience
- Ability to perform basic devops tasks
- Advanced use of git, svn
- Use of unix systems commands
- Kafka Streams and Stream Processing
- Apache Avro
- All elements of the EFK stack
- Functional Programming
- Jenkins CI tools
Demonstrated track record and proficiency in the points below:
- Deliver features autonomously with a high degree of team coordination
- Deliver code based on precise architecture spec for established scenarios
- Deliver code without relying on precise architecture spec for discovery scenarios
- Automated testing
- Working with CI/CD practices
- Delivering code to production
- Maintaining production ready code
- Collaborating in small but fast paced teams
- Event driven architecture and message passing
More about you
- Good level of English
- Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
- Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- Ability to learn autonomously
- Excellent all-round communications skills