Ninety Percent of Everything is looking for an experienced Product Lead to join the team in the central London office, near Marble Arch, on full-time basis.Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Our tech stack is modern and consists of React and React Native applications communicating using GraphQL to microservices containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication and achieve high scalability thanks to an Apache Kafka based event driven architecture and persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.
What’s in it for you?
- Disrupting a critical, centuries old industry, in a startup environment
- Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
- State of the art, centrally located offices with tech startup atmosphere
- Opportunity to work with latest cutting-edge technologies
- Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
- Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild organisation structure, our version of the Spotify model
This is a visible role reporting to the Head of Product where you will collaborate with IT teams and internal customers to define solutions for Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud projects
What we’re looking for:
A hands-on person to define, and scope large performant, secure solutions for the encompassing technical aspects of Shipping Operations. You will need to operate in an Agile Environment, with Design Thinking defining the solutions for Office, Mobile and On Ship solutions. This role in the maritime industry has the added complexity of both an onshore and offshore component, the latter with intermittent and limited connectivity to the former.
You will be working with experienced business SME’s in the commercial maritime industry to define, collate and scope the requirements using your vision, analogous markets, SME input, to shape the product into scope for the development squad.
The Product Lead will need to:
- Technical strong product lead with a proven background operating in an Agile / Kanban / Scrum product development environment, with multiple years’ experience.
- Have experience of technologies in the Cloud/DevOps arena.
- Be able to understand complex technical topics and ability to articulate these clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences in both written and verbal form as part of the product roadmap and development process.
- Engage with technical SME’s from the maritime business to articulate and capture opportunities
- Engage in concept discussions, steer proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives
- Have experienced Design Thinking and Lean UX
- Be fully conversant with technical SME’s – an engineering background would be useful but not essential.
- Be proactive and be able to work successfully with little direct supervision
- Contribute and work successfully within a strong team environment
More about you
- Excellent English
- Willingness to work within a partially remote team
- Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
- Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- Ability to learn autonomously
- Excellent all-round communications skills
What you will be able to achieve here is a rare opportunity: scoping and using cutting-edge digital technology for a greenfield solution.